Work Experience
This evening, as part of the 'worlds biggest blogging project ', http://www.feb29th.net/ I am blogging about my work experience which I am currently doing this week, the 27th February- 2nd March.
I chose to do my work experience in a primary school as being a teacher or child care is something I am interested in as a career for when I finish school. The school I am in is very friendly and enjoyable and I am delighted that I have chosen to do it there as it being the third day in I am getting on great. It isn't a very big school so therefore I have noticed that everyone seems to know everyone and this is what I like about it. Even the teachers and the principle seem to know all the students names. It gives off a lovely warm friendly impression of the school and makes it very comfortable to be there.
The children are extremely friendly and great to be around as I love children. There are things I have noticed such as the routine the teachers have which you wouldn't have noticed being a pupil in the class. In secondary school it is a lot different as every student has their own time table and this makes primary school seem a lot free-er but being at the school for the week has shown me how the teachers have their own routines which is a very important thing.
I think primary school teaching would be a wonderful job and was something I had always had my mind on since I was younger. This experience has helped me as I was always uncertain what to do as a career but being with the children and seeing the teachers routine and the primary school atmosphere has set my mind on teaching. The children were all wonderful and have the most crazy imaginations. I am use to most of the things they come up with as I have younger sibling's and cousins but teaching them is a complete different job than playing with them & I wouldn't mind doing it after school, at all.
The only unfortunate thing about the week was that I would have liked being in an older class such as 4th 5th or 6th, rather than junior infants as I previously did work experience in a playschool last November but it was still a great experience to be back in a primary school and I am delighted I did it.
Well done Courtney for taking up the challenge on Feb 29th! Sounds like you had a great work experience too. Has it influenced your career choice in any way?
ReplyDeleteMrs L :)